Tuesday, November 25, 2008

snakes

Snakes lead me down streets of my memories
Down the path of incoherent thoughts
Waiting and watching
Not being able to move
Having to share my thoughts
With the people crowding around
Laughing, laughing
Like a demented clown
Hiding in my closet
Gasping for breath
Intercepting my dreams
Frantically searching for something I cannot find
The shadows mock me
My incompetent frolicking
Wishing me dead
Although I cannot die
Words on paper mean nothing to me
Like dust floating in the wind
That has no name
Flying, flying
Across a moonless sky
The stars that once marked my path
Now lead me astray
The people who I trusted make ice That freezes in my skull
I don’t follow the path that is left for me
Gone
Across the earth, sea, and sky
Never getting to my destination
A train run loose across its tracks
Free
A wild mustang soaring over water
Fire burning beneath my feet
A searing pain I cannot stop
Wishing life to begin
But time has seemed halt around me
My thoughts race against a moment
An infinite battle that I always lose
Black and White
Grey above and below my life
Day after Day
Night after Night
Color is void
An endless ribbon of emptiness
Being there without truly existing
Barriers on all sides
Walls closing in, trying to crush me
Screaming a unspoken scream
Hoping it all will end abruptly
I turn my face from the thought of the future
But then I realize that the future is here
Taunting me in the rain as I run
Run toward the light
I never seem to get there
Lightning flashes before my eyes
Thunder crashes beneath my feet
The earth spins faster and faster
Cities fall. Mountains crumble. Giant birds circle my head
Apocalypse
All the while I sit and wait
For something that will never come

No comments: